Sunday, January 10, 2010

Pillow Party!

I love pretty pillows but it seems I don't  have as many anymore (my little dogs love them too-especially the ones with  fringe) but I did manage to take a few pictures of the pillows I do have around my home.

I bought my new sofa because I fell in love with the pillows, three coordinating fabrics that were dog and man  friendly colors.
    


My  friend Tina made me this black snowflake pillow for Christmas.  She made it from a Target runner and was able to make several from one runner.   (the idea came from a fellow blogger) Tina is a talented seamstress.   Thanks Tina!




I found this cute little pillow on sale at Christmas...I just love it!




This pillow is from  Japan and my Mom had it made from an embroidery piece when she lived there and gave it to me as a gift.  The orange was very popular in the 70's and early 80's and now it seems to be popular again.  I've kept it all these years because of the workmanship and graceful flowers.  




A closer view



One of my favorites, sitting on the dining room chair.  I'm shopping for new fabric to recover the yellow silk seat cushions.  I would like coordinating colors in a burgundy and brown print.   Next on my to do list for the spring.   



And finally one of my old favorite Waverly pillows...I had this print in a room years ago and still  love to bring it out in the spring and summer it looks great on my wicker loveseat.   




Can't wait to visit everyone and see your pillows! 

Thanks Rhondi for throwing such a fun party!

10 comments:

  1. So pretty. How lucky for you to have such a talented friend to make you a pillow out of a table runner.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed a visit to your blog and seeing your lovely pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be truly loved to have a friend make that beautiful pillow for you, sugar! I once was thinking of buying a sofa just like that but stuck with the old one and put a slipcover on it. I do LOVE that sofa with those pillows though. I'm so happy you found me and left a sweet comment!

    I think it's better to have 3 wonderful sons and 2 silly dogs than 3 silly sons and 2 wonderful dogs though, chickee!! Hah. :-)

    Nice to meet you, honey,
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your pillows are so pretty! I especially like the one that your friend and mom made! They are beautiful, and even more special, made just for you! That was a really neat idea, to make the pillow from a runner! I'll have to keep that in mind! :)

    You have a pretty and cheerful blog! Thanks for stopping by mine and for leaving the kind comment! I'm off to check out your silver post below! ~Rhonda :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your pillows. thanks for sharing them and thanks for stopping by and checkin out my silver. have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pillows...I especially liked that black and white with the snow flakes...perfect for winter!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your couch looks ever so cozy! I have pets in my house too. I couldn't have a tassel or it would get chewed off.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pillows in all shapes, sizes and styles! I love the black and white snowflake pillow- what a generous friend you have!
    Great, comfy looking sofa. I would love to curl up and read a book there!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your pillows are so pretty. The ones on the couch make it looks so comfortable. My favorite it the one your friend made. Anything made with love by a friend is always a treasure. Thanks for joining the party!
    Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  10. What pretty pillows! No wonder you bought that couch! I love the handmade ones the best! Happy week!...Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!